Current Pilates/Yoga Schedule - Call to Book (250) 339-5540
Pilates is currently one of the fastest growing forms of exercise, reaching a large variety of countries and cultures worldwide. It has developed from the rehabilitation techniques of a man named Joseph Pilates, into a variety of different methods. The method used at Bodyworx Pilates & Health is called STOTT Pilates.
The STOTT Pilates repertoire consists of more than 500 systematic mat and equipment based mind-body exercises. It involves balancing prepatory, essential, intermediate and advanced level exercises to deliver uniquely effective workout formats.
STOTT Pilates is an exercise method developed by a woman named Moira Merrithew, who received her training and certification from Romana Kryzanowska, a direct student of Joseph Pilates.
Collaborating with sports medicine professionals and physical therapists, Moira has spent over ten years updating the original exercise method to include modern exercise science and spinal rehabilitation principles to optimize safety and effectiveness. It is an anatomically based approach to the original exercises by Joseph Pilates incorporating the research that Moira has conducted to eliminate contra-indicated movements while emphasizing neutral alignment, core stability and periferal mobility.
First priority for registration is given to participants currently enrolled in classes for one week and opening of the registration dates will be posted. General registration is then done on a first come, first served basis a few weeks prior to the beginning of a new session. Registration is held at Bodyworx Physiotherapy, either in person, by email or via phone.
Payment is to be made at time of registration. We accept MasterCard, Visa, Debit, Cash, or Cheque.
Refunds will only be issued unless for medical reasons - doctor’s or medical practitioner’s note is required.
Make-up classes are not guaranteed and are dependent on availability.
*Make-up classes will only be offered if notice of absence is provided at least 24 hours prior to the missed class
*Make-up classes do not carry over to the next session
We will do our best to give as much notice as possible in the case of cancelled classes due to weather, however if you are unsure please call our office at 250.339.5540 to double check.
- Please enter the studio from the Reception Area on the door to the right. Please exit the studio through the French doors (East side) and then through the reception area.
- You are encouraged to wear Toe Sox for safety and hygiene. Bodyworx Reception has an assortment for purchase – please inquire at the Reception Desk.
- Please turn off cell phones.
- In consideration of others, the studio is a scent-free zone; please refrain from using scented products before class.
- Purses, cell phones, wallets and shoes can be stored in the bin provided to you. Please refrain from bringing valuables to class.
- Please do not bring children to class.
We appreciate your choice to invest in your health and participate in classes with Bodyworx Physiotherapy, Pilates and Health